Saturday, April 19, 2008

Daily Life

We realized through talking with some of you that we don't do a very good job of explaining what daily life is like here in Nepal. So, we're going to try to do a better job of telling you about normal stuff like shopping, electricity, what we do for fun, etc. Our plan is to start making random posts, describing our day. So, here is today (Saturday):
7:00 AM--Got up (OK, I (Shanee) slept until 8, I admit it!!). Realized we're out of water in the water tank on our roof (city water), so Jesse went downstairs and turned on the motor that pumps water from the old-fashioned handpump in our front yard up to the tank on our roof.
Had breakfast (oatmeal), had some quiet time, and got ready for fellowship
9:30--Arrived at fellowship
10--Fellowship started. Today Jesse and I split up. He went to a new fellowship that's about an hour motorcycle ride outside of town down a really bad road; I went to our local fellowship here in the city. We both taught.
12--I (Shanee) got home from fellowship and had leftover Mexican food (I made it last night). I spent the next 2 hours doing work on the computer (various responsibilities).
2:30--I heard Jesse's motorcycle coming down our little dead-end street, and knew Jesse was home. I met him with a glass of cold Pineapple Tang (our favorite drink here) and fed him lunch.
4:30--6 PM--It's 95 F in our living room, so we went to the pool to escape the heat. We have a membership at a local hotel (the nicest one in town). Stopped on the way home at the dairy shop to buy yogurt, but they were out.
Came home, ate supper (again leftover Mexican), and we have electricity (it's on and off all day long), so we're getting ready to watch a movie together.
10:30 PM--I'm guessing that's about when we'll get to bed.

3 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Fun :) It's always fun to see what other people's lives are like :) Thanks for sharing :) You guys ROCK!!

Gina said...

Tang is my favorite drink when I go to India! That, and Coke in a glass bottle that I can never finish 'cause they make me give the bottle back! Love you guys, praying for you! Gina

the broomes said...

Thanks for sharing...I really enjoyed reading about daily life for the Snods! ...But the part about eating Mexican made me kinda sad...it made me wish that we could meet up with y'all for some good 'ol Las Margs!