Friday, July 18, 2008

Memories with Al

This is me and my friend Kristin with Al Denson, contemporary Christian artist. He came to help lead worship a couple weeks ago at our meetings in Thailand. The reason that Kristin and I are big dorks and had to have a picture taken with Al is b/c we both have memories with Al. In fact, one of my most embarrassing moments involves Al Denson--He performed a concert in my tiny hometown of Green City when I was in junior high, and I invited my "boyfriend" to go with me, and we sat on the front row. (I was just a tad excited about the concert, but my boyfriend, preferred Snoopdog and Dr. Dre. I was attempting to be a good influence upon him). Anyway, I ended up on stage and Al asked me if I had a boyfriend, and as an embarrassed junior higher, I said no......with this poor guy sitting on the front row. Many people in the audience began yelling, "Yes, she does," and pointing at him, so Al had him come on stage and made us hold hands as he sang a song for us. Horrible experience for a junior high girl. Then to top it off, at the end of the concert, Al signed my forehead. Crazy man.

But, we were thankful for him giving his time to come and lead us in worship this week.

1 comment: